Re: Missing links of libraries (*.so) on Debian 11

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 03:39:41PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Before accusing the developer, one should make sure that the binary
> is indeed linking to .so without SONAME.
> This can be checked by
>
>   ldd /...path.../...to.../binary-tool

> To be exacting:
> The bug would be in the build system, not in the source.

You're assuming that the program was dynamically linked against this
library.

I'm betting the program does a dlopen() and passes the wrong filename.

It would be quite useful if we could be told the ACTUAL DETAILS of the
problem.  The name of the program that's not working, and a terminal
paste of the errors that are obtained when trying to run it.

(Why do people HIDE this stuff??)

And yes, "ldd /path/to/the-program" would also be useful information.