Re: Missing links of libraries (*.so) on Debian 11

The .so symbolic are not for running programs, they are for building
them. For running, you only need the .so.vers links.

If a program dynamically loads directly a .so, it is probably bugged.

The tool is looking for .so file to run, not for build.

We need to dynamically load .so as it may not be present on all linux distributions. For e.g. Ubuntu 16.04

On Ubuntu 20.04 and other distributions we have libaudit.so which symlinks to libaudit.so.1.0.0.0

On Debian 11, we see a symlink named as libaudit.so.1 which links to libaudit.so.1.0.0.0

--
Anurag Aggarwal