Re: Dependency omitted in the details of passwd package

On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:23:14 +0200
Horia Marandoiu <horimara@gmail.com> wrote:

> Package: passwd (1:4.8.1-1) does not work without libpam-ldap , being
> a library which is not listed on the dependency section of the page
> dedicated to the package passwd

Interesting. I have passwd 1:4.8.1-1 installed on Bullseye, I do not
have libpam-ldap installed at all (nor any ldap tools that I know of),
and I have seen no problems with any passwd programs.

What *exactly* are you seeing that leads you to the conclusion that
passwd requires libpam-ldap? Please execute at the command line and
copy and paste the command prompt, the command, the results and the
next command prompt into your reply. Which release of Debian are you
running?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com