Cannot get ssh access to the new Debian server on my local network

I have my new host working and ssh from it to the other local Debian host.

BUT, I have not so far been able to ssh the other way from the old server to the new one. Both servers have password access blocked (thanks for the reminder from several folks in the other thread about Internet access to my network).

As far as I can tell, all sshd_config related settings are the same.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

-Tom