Re: why rfkill not list my wifi device

On 1/10/23 12:25, Charles Curley wrote:
What hardware? A suitable lspci list might help.
Mine shows:

root@jhegaala:~# rfkill
ID TYPE      DEVICE                   SOFT      HARD
  0 bluetooth tpacpi_bluetooth_sw   blocked unblocked
  3 wlan      phy2                unblocked unblocked
root@jhegaala:~#

Then if I use the physical switch to turn off any transmitters, I see:

root@jhegaala:~# rfkill
ID TYPE      DEVICE                 SOFT    HARD
  0 bluetooth tpacpi_bluetooth_sw blocked blocked
  3 wlan      phy2                blocked blocked
root@jhegaala:~#

Thank Charles! it's usb wifi adapter, lsusb shows

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter

rfkill shows nothing