Re: Can't mount CD image of Win95 game

So the new safer proposal is:

    offst=$( expr \
               $( grep -a -o -b -m 1 CD001 cdimage.iso \
                  | head -1 \
                  | sed -e 's/:/ /' \
                  | awk '{ print $1 }' ) - 32769 )

Afterwards $offst should hold a number > 0, which may be used with mount
option -o offset=.

I confirm that with this command I get the same result that what I had done manually with hexdump. Unfortunately, mount still does not work with "can't read superblock on /dev/loop0". Kernel logs say "isofs_fill_super: get root inode failed".

I really appreciate the help on this very specific and technical issue, but I am not sure it is worth the effort. As I said, it can be mounted with dosbox.

And indeed, the game is the french version of "The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System". For those interested, it can be easily found a popular french website specialized on "abandonware". It is not legal but the website has the following rules that:
- game must be older than 2004
- game must not be sold anymore, at least in its french version
- beneficiaries must not have say that they don’t want the game freely available

Regards,
Yvan