My X freezes on cold days - how to get back control

Hi,

  When left overnight in dpms state, my Xorg stays in that state ignoring any key inputs when I attempt to use the system next day morning.  This happens only when the overnight temps go low enough to trigger some issue. I can login remotely, but cannot kill Xorg with any of the known signals. I tried using sysrq methods to get back keyboard/screen control, but that does not work either. Nothing other than soft or hard reboot works.

Most of the time I can reboot remotely and to get back everything, but sometimes, even that does not work.  After issuing reboot, remote connection closes and the system stays on. I have to push the power button and hold for PS to power off and do a hard power cycle to get the system back.

My system is based on "ASRock X570 PRO4 AMD AM4 ATX" motherboard and "AMD Ryzen 5 3600" CPU. I also have a Nvidia 1030 GPU based video card with binary driver installed.

Here is my SW info:
    Debian bullseye
    Linux xxxx 5.10.0-19-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.149-2 (2022-10-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux     Following nvidia related packages are installed in addition to standard Xorg that comes with bullseye.

   i A glx-alternative-nvidia - allows the selection of NVIDIA as GLX
   provider
   i A libnvidia-glcore - NVIDIA binary OpenGL/GLX core libraries
   i A libnvidia-ml1 - NVIDIA Management Library (NVML) runtime library
   i A nvidia-alternative - allows the selection of NVIDIA as GLX provider
   i  nvidia-detect - NVIDIA GPU detection utility
   i A nvidia-installer-cleanup - cleanup after driver installation
   with the nvidia-installer
   i A nvidia-kernel-common - NVIDIA binary kernel module support files
   i A nvidia-kernel-dkms - NVIDIA binary kernel module DKMS source
   i A nvidia-kernel-support - NVIDIA binary kernel module support files
   i A nvidia-legacy-check - check for NVIDIA GPUs requiring a legacy
   driver
   i A nvidia-modprobe - utility to load NVIDIA kernel modules and
   create device nodes
   i A nvidia-settings - tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
   i  nvidia-smi - NVIDIA System Management Interface
   i A nvidia-support - NVIDIA binary graphics driver support files
   i A nvidia-vdpau-driver - Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
   - NVIDIA driver
   i  nvidia-vulkan-common - NVIDIA Vulkan driver - common files
   i  xserver-xorg-video-nvidia - NVIDIA binary Xorg driver

Please let me know if there is something I can do before changing my video card.

Regards
Ramesh