Re: apt update fails due to Label and Version changes for buster security

On Fri, 16 Dec 2022, Tim Woodall wrote:

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022, John Boxall wrote:

The following happened just now when updating my Buster system:

+ apt update
Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease Get:2 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease [34.8 kB] Hit:3 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease E: Repository 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Label' value from 'Debian' to 'Debian-Security' N: Repository 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '10.13' to '10' N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details. Do you want to accept these changes and continue updating from this repository? [y/N] n Hit:5 https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian buster InRelease Hit:6 https://updates.signal.org/desktop/apt xenial InRelease Reading package lists... Done E: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/buster/updates/InRelease E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I didn't have this issue about four hours ago. Does anyone have any ideas?

I think there's an apt option APT::AllowReleaseInfoChange (or
soemthing very similar). Check
/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure<something>.gz

Sorry, don't remember the exact setting nor the exact file to check for
it off the top of my head.

Having said that, I don't have this issue (yet...)

Hmmm:

Origin: Debian
Label: Debian-Security
Suite: oldstable
Version: 10
Codename: buster
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 09:35:11 UTC

So I do have these values. But I didn't get any alert that they had
changed.

Tim.