Re: multiple messages

Charles Curley writes:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2022 10:59:02 -0800
> David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
>
> > Thunderbird message duplication bugs have existed for several years.
> > My work-around is to periodically delete older messages and/or delete
> > duplicates in Junk, Trash, etc..
>
> This is one place claws-mail would come in handy. It has a tool for
> deleting duplicate messages.

Or, if you are filtering/sorting incoming email through procmail(1),
the References: header will contain a same ID for duplicate emails,
(which is derived from the Message-ID: header.)

Something like:

    :0 Wh :msgid.lock
    | formail -D $idcache_size msgid.cache

in ~/.procmailrc will eliminate a duplicate email.

    John

--

John Conover, conover@panix.com, http://www.johncon.com/