Re: multiple messages

On Sun 11 Dec 2022 at 17:52:56 (+0000), Martin Smith wrote:
> I am getting multiple messages, all with the same time and date, has
> my thunderbird gone belly up or is anyone else seeing it
>
> this one I have about 50: Re: e-mail with line in body beginning with "From"
>
> and this one:  10/12/2022, 14:49
> Re: Monitor traffic on a port

The specific email that you mentioned is at
and shouldn't cause any trouble. But it does quote a couple
of header fields from an earlier post, and that may be a clue
to your underlying problem, but not to its immediate cause.

I suggest you read the thread (about a dozen posts) starting at
and particularly messages #252 and #269. These discuss
a /possible/ cause of your reported symptoms—you've quoted
the topic of the thread at the top of your post.

You need to determine whether "getting multiple messages"
means that you are seeing multiple displays of the same
message, or the display of local duplicates of one or two
messages, or actual newly arriving copies of these same
messages. Knowing which of these is occurring will help
trace the source.

I think it's an unlikely coincidence that these messages
(particularly if the duplicates are all in the set 252/262/269)
would just happen to be the ones causing a random Tbird
duplication bug to trigger. The problem could lie further
up the chain of processes that deliver the emails.

BTW are you running any filters, like procmail etc?

Cheers,
David.