Re: e-mail with line in body beginning with "From"

* 2022-12-09 20:39:34-0600, Greg Marks wrote:

> Is there a way to tell the Postfix sendmail command not to alter any
> such lines ["From" lines] in the body of the message?

I can't answer your actual question but I think Postfix and other
"sendmails" do the right thing. In my opinion you shouldn't change them
do the wrong thing but fix the problem elsewhere.

Prepare your message in such way that it is encoded in quoted printable
or base64 so that there is no plain "From" in the beginning of any line
in the body. Letters in "From" don't need encoding in quoted printable
but email clients may still encode it because they know what sendmail
programs do.

Probably Mutt email client can automatically do all the encoding and
pass the fully compliant message to sendmail. Mutt can be used in
command line. I didn't test it because I don't have any sendmails
installed. A lower level option for constructing valid emails is
"mime-construct".

From letters are in the beginning of this line because I want to test my
own message and email client: the file that is saved locally in my
computer and the file which comes through the mailing list.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. https://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/