Re: Mozilla prefs.js & user.js (was: TBird mail)

Kamil Jońca composed on 2022-12-07 09:16 (UTC+0100):

> gene heskett wrote:

>> Am I to add these below? According to the top of the file, t-bird must
>> be stopped before editing as it saves this anew when stopping.

> I am not sure, but ... prefs.js is overwritten by thunderbird, if you
> want changes to be persistend you should edit (possibly create) user.js
> file.

To edit a Mozilla profile's prefs.js file successfully requires the app be closed
and the additions be placed in alphabetical order. Mozilla apps rewrite the file
with every use, so you cannot expect random changes to stick. Those you wish
guaranteed to persist must be written to user.js, which you must create and manage
all by yourself instead. Mozilla apps treat user.js as a readonly file to be read
at each startup.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata