Re: Questions about installing Debian on a laptop

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 3:37 AM Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 2:41 PM David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
On 12/4/22 05:52, Gabor Urban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to install Debian on a laptop the first time.That will not be
> my first installing but I never used notebooks for that. I have found a lot
> of useful information but I would like to have some guidance at the start.
>
> What are the most important issues selecting a laptop I should be mindful
> about?
>
> Thanks in advance,

I have a Ryzen 7 4700U 8 core processor with Radeon Graphics. I am running Debian Testing because Debian Stable does not have working HDMI sound drivers

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PC72314/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This Laptop requires non-free firmware for: WiFi, Sound, Video etc. As long as you do not mind running binary blobs I recommend it. The price is good for the performance.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/

--