GPG problems

I am running Debian 10 (buster). I generated a new key that I wanted to upload,
but it fails:

$ gpg --send-keys  0xBA366B977C06BAF7
gpg: sending key 0xBA366B977C06BAF7 to hkps://keys.openpgp.org
gpg: keyserver send failed: Server indicated a failure
gpg: keyserver send failed: Server indicated a failure

I copied my ~/.gnupg to a Debian 11 (bullesys) machine, it works:

$ gpg --send-keys  0xBA366B977C06BAF7
gpg: sending key 0xBA366B977C06BAF7 to hkps://keys.openpgp.org
$

Back on buster I grabbed the latest version:
/etc/apt/sources.list:
	deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-backports main contrib non-free
# apt -V -t=buster-backports install gpg

I killed the dirmngr daemon:

# killall dirmngr

I tried the send-keys again and got the same result, ie failure.

Please: what should I do to fix this.

Thanks in advance

--
Alain Williams