Re: Logout at apt upgrade

On Fri 02 Dec 2022 at 21:33:45 (-0500), The Wanderer wrote:

> FWIW:
>
> $ apt-cache policy udev
> udev:
>   Installed: 252.1-1
>   Candidate: 252.1-1
>   Version table:
>  *** 252.1-1 900
>         900 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      247.3-7+deb11u1 800
>         800 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable/main amd64 Packages
>
> IOW, this version isn't only in sid, it's also in testing.

Yes, hence my comment on potential interactions between different
packages. The OP mentioned udev, but in their OP they talked about
manually restarting systemd services. I was under the impression
that systemd and udev are upgraded in step, and AFAICT (as I'm not
running bookworm or sid), they've had half a dozen upgrades in the
last two months. Plenty of scope for interactions there.

Anyway, with my not having had similar problems, and receiving
confirmation that I'm not running the same revision, I'm not the
one to help troubleshoot this. (Boy, that's a load of negatives.)

Cheers,
David.