Re: ASUS Laptops

On 11/27/22 06:50, Gary Dale wrote:
I've acquired an ASUS laptop (FA506IC-DS71-CA) and installed Debian on it. I started with Debian/Bullseye but had some problems starting a GUI (using sddm) so quickly did an apt full-upgrade to Bookworm. After installing the Realtek and Misc firmware, I'm able to boot into a Plasma5 desktop and things run as expected.

I've got a couple immediate annoyances however:
1) no wifi - may be by Mediatek
2) keys are constantly backlit with rotating colours.

I'm fine with the Nouveau drivers. Video speed seems adequate since I'm not really into gaming. This just seemed like a decent laptop for the price.

Hoping someone can point me to something (or give me some pointers) on how to get this set up better. The two "annoyances" really get to me. Other things I can probably live with for a while.

Hi Gary,

please attach output of dmesg and lspci commands.

Kind regards
Georgi