Starting Tomcat 10 at bootup

Hey folks!

The issue :
~~~~~~~

I just installed 'apache-tomcat-10.0.27.tar.gz' in my Debian 11 (stable) box, running OpenjDK 17.0.4, this was done following the recommendation on 'How to Install Apache Tomcat on Debian 11 (Step by Step) '. With the exception of the java installation, I followed the steps up to section 8 where I get this error :

sudo systemctl restart tomcat
Job for tomcat.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status tomcat.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

I followed the recommendation of the error message and I get this :

systemctl status tomcat.service
● tomcat.service - Tomcat webs servlet container
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/tomcat.service; enabled; vendor preset>
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2022-11-25>
    Process: 86949 ExecStart=/opt/tomcat/bin/startup.sh (code=exited, status=0/>
    Process: 86960 ExecStop=/opt/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh (code=exited, status=1/>
        CPU: 38ms

My Imperfect Solution

If from the command prompt or a shell script, I run this code sudo '/opt/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh run', Tomcat runs nicely, but it grabs the Terminal, if I close the Terminal, Tomcat just stops working. Obviously not a perfect solution.

I am a newcomer to the Linux world, but in Windows I had the same issue, so I wonder if this is a potential bug.

Please help me resolve this issue or let me know how to report this bug. (This would be my first contribution to the team, so I am rightfully exited).

Thanks in advance.