Re: just saying

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 09:03:00PM +0000, mick.crane wrote:
> I love open source, more than you might think, but I have a niggling feeling
> it's been infiltrated to make user control difficult.

That is no different from everything else in society. There are spooks,
there are folks with good intentions, and sometimes, both sets overlap!

Then there are spooks from "this side", spooks from "the other side", and
some try to make you think someone else is a spook, although she ain't.

Life is messy, alas. It's still better with Free Software (I much prefer
/that/ spelling than the always coy "open source", so there you go;
I think the latter was invented by spooks!).

> If I was a spook it's what I'd do.
> Please prove me wrong.

There ain't nothing to prove. There /are/ spooks. But not everything
you see is the work of spooks. Take care, have good friends, and...
live your life.

All generalizations suck.

Cheers