Re: MacOS VM on Debian: is it reasonably possible?

On 22/11/2022 17:35, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

Has anyone been able to run a recent version of MacOS as a VM?

Apart technical issues, there is licence which AFAIK forbids run MacOS
on non-Apple hardware (regardless if it is bare metal or VM).

Which, while it might not stop anyone doing what they like in the privacy of their own home, should be ample reason not to take it to a public mailing list. Postings just as the OP reflect badly not only upon themselves but on others and the project at large.

Peter
I am wondering, in the context of the content at https://opensource.apple.com/releases/
whether licence restrictions apply.

Whilst I had mistakenly believed that CentOS was a freeware, open source kind of MacOS clone, and found that it is not, when I searched for it, I had understood that a freeware, open source kind of MacOS kind of clone, is available, and, when I searched on the three word combination - open source macos - I found, in the results, the above URL.

So, as an observer, I wonder whether licencing restrictions apply, to running MacOS on Linux, as a virtual machine.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia