Re: MacOS VM on Debian: is it reasonably possible?

On 22/11/22 07:34, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 2:36 PM Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm going to try to run Win 10 as a VM on my new Deb box following instructions I've received on this list.

Has anyone been able to run a recent version of MacOS as a VM?

Years ago I ran a Hackintosh VM with a Linux host over x86_64 . I
think it was running on Ubuntu with VirtualBox.

My need for Hackintosh went away a long time ago because I bought the
real Apple product after a few years.

Jeff

Good morning  Tom

Last time I tried running osX in vbox, I was told I had to use the server version of osX, which I didn't have. Apple may have changed that, but....

The vbox new guest button takes you through the set-up pretty straight forwardly. The only thing I change is the RAM allocation. Although somebody here said a year or 3 ago that the defaults are there because they work best.
--
All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keithrbaugroups@gmail.com