Re: tbird broken

> On 19 Nov 2022, at 10:17, Gareth Evans <donotspam@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>>> iirc, headers (that is, the lot of them) are supposed to be terminated by a blank line (double line break) before message content/multipart boundaries/blocks begin
>
> [...]
>
>> You're right of coarse, and yes, that was a straight copy paste from a geany session on the saved message [...]
>
> If you view the message source in Thunderbird, are the individual headers still separated by blank lines?  Saving the message and examining the output  introduces the possibility of CRLF line endings, which Geany may not convert.

I think David Wright is correct that Tb is showing the (empty) plain text section.  I didn't notice this at first as I was struck by the blank lines and didn't look any further.

If there were blank lines between headers in the raw message, I think Tb would be displaying the contents of the raw message after the first blank line, in plaintext, because the chain of headers had been broken at that point, and multipart boundaries etc not interpreted.

So I think the blank lines in headers are probably a red herring, however they got there.

The base64-encoded string in the text/html part (which begins "PEhUT...") converts to HTML:

https://devpal.co/base64-decode/?data=PEhUTUw%2BPEJPRFk%2BPHNwYW4gc3R5bGU9ImNvbG9yOiMwMDAwMDA7Ij48c3BhbiBzdHlsZT0iZm9u%0A%0AdC1mYW1pbHk6QXJpYWwsSG

>> =_Part_164_535344686.1668739861264
>> PEhUT...

What happens if you try (in Tb)