Missing libs???

Dear list,

an installer for an external apps is telling me of missing extensions. These
are "glx_sgix_fbconfig" and "glx_sgix_pbuffer".

As far as I could explore, these are NVidia related libs and belong to some
packages named "glew".

As I am using an old NVidia card, which is running 340xx-legacy, I am not
sure, if thius is an extension, the card and the driver is related to, or if
this is an external lib, which can be installed manually.

Does someone know more to these libs mentioned above?

I saw a these libs mentioned in the source package of debian called "glew",
but I found no binary package called "glew", just "glew-utils" or "libglew".

Note, I am running debian/stable, so it might be available in testing or
unstable - however packages.debian.org did not know any package called "glew"
or "glx_sgix-*".

Thanks for any enlightening!

Best regards

Hans