Re: How to increase hard NOFILE limit in debian 11?

Thanks for the help! That worked well with bash (i.e. if I set both /etc/security/limits.conf and /etc/sysctl.conf, then `ulimit -aH` returns what you'd expect).

However, I have a server process and when I check its limits by looking at `/proc/$PID/limits`, the hard limit is not raised there. I have figured out that I can raise it by executing e.g. `prlimit --pid=$PID --nofile=1024:16777216`, but I haven't found a way for it to make it stick across reboots. The process itself is running as root. Is this an issue of the server process itself changing its own hard limit somewhere? Or is there another system change that could help?

Thanks again this is great!

Cheers,
Thomas