Re: exim4 vs. frontier.com

On Sat 12 Nov 2022 at 13:41:35 (-0000), Curt wrote:
> On 2022-11-12, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > If and when that works, it should be simple to get exim to send
> > to the smarthost in the same manner. It should involve only the
> > two files /etc/exim4/{passwd.client,update-exim4.conf.conf} in
> > most cases.
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/linux.debian.user/c/bAI10SqfmGA
>
> He asked the same question back in May but with some other data
> points, not that it probably makes any difference.

Yes, I referred to that, without citing it. However, the data points
were related to exim, and also lacked much context.

It's quite possible that the OP has messed up exim's configuration
by tinkering with it, so I think it's simpler (and may give confidence
that frontier.com is not particularly unusual) by sending something
via mutt alone. Then the data used by mutt can be translated into
the equivalents for exim.

BTW this goes back somewhat further—does this ring a bell?

Cheers,
David.