Re: removing file??

On Fri 11 Nov 2022 at 13:33:12 (+0100), hede wrote:
> Am 11.11.2022 04:32, schrieb Amn:
> > I am trying to remove this file :
> > '/var/cache/apt/archives/codeblocks-dev_20.03-3_amd64.deb', but after
> > trying, even as a 'su', but I am unable to. Any suggestion how to do
> > this?
>
> The others are trying to solve the problem on the package layer. But
> if removing such an archive file is not possible even with root
> permissions, this could potentially indicate some more fundamental
> problem. Like errors in the data layer of the partition (broken
> harddisk) or read-only mounts.
>
> My question would be: _How_ did you try to delete the file with root
> permissions? And what was the result (error message)?

AIUI the file was removed entirely normally, but then immediately
recreated by running the apt install command (which downloaded it again).

> And like others suggested: If you are not familiar with deeper Debian
> system knowledge, the (unstable) SID distribution may not be your best
> option. I'd suggest to use some stable distribution (like Debian
> Bullseye currently).

I'm not convinced that Amn /is/ running sid, or at least intending to.
There again, it's possible they upgraded in frustration because they
couldn't get their bluetooth to work. (I'm no help with BT audio.)

Cheers,
David.