Re: support for ancient peripherals

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 7:21 PM, I wrote:
>> My concern is about support for three ancient peripherals that I like better
>> than the modern equivalents:
>> 2. A Logitech M-MD15L three-button roller-ball serial mouse (from 2006); and
>> 3. An HP LaserJet 5MP printer from 1995 with a parallel-port connector.

On Monday, November 7, 2022 5:17 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com>
replied:
> you can still get a Lenovo desktop with optional serial port and parallel
> port as far as I can see.

Thanks.  I'll look into that.

And on Monday, November 7, 2022 6:08 PM, David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:
> If any mouse can be opened and resealed, then it is quite possible that the
> scroll sensor can be disabled by some simple method that would require little
> time and effort.
> Anyone inclined to tinker with hardware, even with only curiosity and no
> expertise, has a good chance of achieving this, if you can find such a
> person.

Good idea.  I can do this sort of thing if, as you say, I can get inside.  I
clean TV remotes inside easily but can hardly get them open without breaking
the cases.

On Monday, November 7, 2022 7:37 PM, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
> Elecom M-CAD01UBBK is a $15-20 USB mouse with three buttons, no scroll wheel.

Thanks for the good news.

I may be slow to get this done, but whenever I do I'll report back.  Thanks
again to everyone for your help.