Re: Trying to start Xorg on a vanilla bullseye on rpi4

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 06:12:56PM +0000, Tim Woodall wrote:
Hi,

I have a vanilla installation of debian bullseye on a rpi4

Just going to check: this is a Debian image from gwolf and https://raspi.debian.net/ and not a Raspberry Pi OS image from Raspberry Pi foundation?

It's a home built image but only with stock debian packages installed. I
don't believe those images have X setup, but if they do then I'll try
one which might give me a clue what I've done wrong.

The image is 32 bit or 64 bit?

64 bit

[Only because there is consistent confusion - if it really is Debian, we
can likely do more].

Which doesn't really tell me a lot...

If I start with one screen connected and then plug in the other then I
get a mirrored display whan I start the second output with xandr. But
any attempt to use xrandr to move them fails.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do to get this working?

Even just being able to start X without having to unplug a screen would be a
start.

Tim.

All best, as ever,

Andy Cater