Re: Fwd: [SECURITY] [DLA 3173-1] linux-5.10 security update

On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:45:57PM -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> I'm just curious if this is the first time that a kernel _version_ bump
> took place within the trajectory of a single Debian version? Or have kernel
> _version_ changes always taken place at debian release boundaries before?

It's important to note that this is an optional, newer kernel image.
Users who've just been running buster from the beginning may not even
know about it, and it will have no effect on them.

It's very much UNlike the version bumps on, say, samba that have happened
mid-stable-release in the past.

I'm fairly certain other releases have had optional kernel packages
added to them, but I can't name any other than "etch-and-a-half" off
the top of my head.

https://wiki.debian.org/EtchAndAHalf