Re: System Font

On Tue 01 Nov 2022 at 15:53:56 (-0400), paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:
> Folks:
>
> Typically, I use i3wm, but I just got through sampling Plasma. Somehow
> it has reduced/changed what I guess I'd call my "system font". This
> shows up in Firefox menus, Claws-Mail menus and others. I don't really
> care about the font, but the size must be increased. The following is
> the rundown of my fonts, from fc-match:
>
> serif: DejaVuSerif.ttf: "DejaVu Serif" "Book"
> sans-serif: DejaVuSans.ttf: "DejaVu Sans" "Book"
> monospace: DejaVuSansMono.ttf: "DejaVu Sans Mono" "Book"
> Arial: LiberationSans-Regular.ttf: "Liberation Sans" "Regular"
> Helvetica: NimbusSans-Regular.otf: "Nimbus Sans" "Regular"
> Verdana: DejaVuSans.ttf: "DejaVu Sans" "Book"
> Times New Roman: LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf: "Liberation Serif" "Regular"
> Courier New: LiberationMono-Regular.ttf: "Liberation Mono" "Regular"
>
> My ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf has nothing about the above in it.
> I'm running Debian testing.
>
> I'd like to know what file or files specify font size and such, and/or
> how to fix this.

Perhaps try https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1239467
though I don't understand their "Don't choose a value below 1.0 or
about [is that above?] 4.0", because the value I have is -1.5
(ie negative, and I didn't choose it).

But I don't know what this would have to do with i3wm or Plasma,
or anything else outside FF. (I don't use a DE so I can't check.)

Cheers,
David.