Re: Some of the parameters used in my genisoimage command don't produce a bootable ISO image

On 2022-10-28 at 06:14, Mario Marietto wrote:

> Hello. Both these commands :
>
> # find . -print -depth | cpio --create --format='newc' > ../../i
> nitrd.img-5.19.0-15.2-liquorix-amd64
>
> # find . | cpio --create --format='newc' > ../../initrd.img-5.10.0-18-amd64
>
> produce this warning :
>
> find: warning: you have specified the global option -depth after the
> argument -print, but global options are not positional, i.e., -depth
> affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it.
> Please specify global options before other arguments.
>
> It is a warning,not an error. But why does it happens ? Can I "fx" it ?

The message already tells you why it happens: it happens because you
specified the options to 'find' in an order which a user might interpret
as doing something different from what it will actually do. (This
matters primarily with more-complicated 'find' commands, but they still
show the warning even with this simpler version.)

You can 'fix' it by putting the arguments to 'find' in a different
order:

# find . -depth -print | [...]

Which translates to "find in this location, depth-first, and print the
results".

(Please don't top-post. I don't expect you to actually adhere to that,
but it's a faint hope, and I'm unlikely to actually participate in the
thread any further anyway...)

--
   The Wanderer