Bookworm: the latest Bookworm upgrade broke video playback in the vlc player?

Hi,

It looks like the latest Bookworm upgrade broke video playback in the vlc player for me. Was working fine before. The video seems to be playing (the progress marker is moving) but instead of the video output only a blank black rectangle is shown. The VLC video output is set to "XVideo Output (XCB)", that's the only option that used to work for me but not any more.

The Dragon player is still able to play videos. Am using KDE as DE.

The upgrade in question involved the following packages: https://pastebin.com/uFphzPtj

Any ideas? Thanks

# cat /etc/debian_version && uname -a
bookworm/sid
Linux tst 6.0.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.3-1 (2022-10-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux