Re: permanently adding driver to Debian live USB stick

Adam Weremczuk <adamw@matrixscience.com> writes:

> Is there a way of permanently including the firmware file so that the
> WiFi automatically becomes operational every time I boot Debian live?

Debian Live supports persistence which means you can have persistent
changes to the live setup. Like adding that firmware file or even
installing it from a Debian package.

Apparently persistence for Debian is not well documented. For my uses I
use a Debian-like stick is based on GRML which is a Debian
derivative. They have decent instructions for that at grml.org and
provide a Debian package grml2usb to prepare a stick, optionally with
persistence.

Anyways, one set of instructions on how to setup persistence for Debian
live is here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/382817/uefi-bios-bootable-live-debian-stretch-amd64-with-persistence