Re: Strange syslog behaviour [Solved]

-------- Original Message --------
*Subject: *  Re: Strange syslog behaviour [Solved]
*From: *     Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk>
*To: *         Debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
*CC: *
*Date: *      2022-10-16  12:40 PM
On Sun, 2022-10-16 at 09:09 -0400, Wayne Sallee wrote:
It would be nice if updates presented "old file", "new file", "combined file"; choice: (1), (2), (3).
It does offer several choices, one of them is to show a 'diff' of the
old and new files. Only you can know what changes you made and want to
keep, and just automatically merging files is very likely just to
produce a broken config.

Personally, I do a diff first, which usually acts of a reminder of what
I've changed, then I accept the new file and in another terminal edit
that to reapply my changes.

Yes, I did do the diff, but I was in the middle of the update. I like Charles Curley's idea of having another terminal to make the needed changes as they come up.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
http://www.WayneSallee.com