Re: Some of the parameters used in my genisoimage command don't produce a bootable ISO image

Hi,

i already saw your questions in the web and wrote on
  https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2479825&p=14115063#post14115063

Your genisoimage run does not produce boot lures for EFI which would lead
to GRUB, but only boot lures for legacy BIOS which would lead to ISOLINUX.
So the fact that you see in
  https://ibb.co/GstvTvR
a GRUB prompt indicates that this GRUB stems from some other storage medium.
(Shown on https://askubuntu.com/questions/1434549 which is cumbersome for
me to participate.)

Is your QEMU/KVM running with EFI as firmware (OVMF) ? If so, try to get
it started with legacy BIOS (SeaBIOS) and with the ISO as virtual CD-ROM.

For a still valid proposal to repack a Debian amd64 bootable ISO for EFI
and BIOS from CD and USB stick see:
https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO#Determine_those_options_which_need_to_be_adapted_on_amd64_or_i386

> I guess the error could be :
> xorriso : NOTE : Detected El-Torito boot information which currently is set to
> be discarded"

That's from the osirrox extraction run. Since no ISO got written by
this program run, the message is of no importance.

> I have asked help
> in a lot of places,but no one really understood why.

Let's see how far we get together. :))

Try the proposals about booting via legacy BIOS and/or equipping the ISO
by the full BIOS+EFI+CD+USB-Stick stuff as in
  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO

Then there would be the modernish way of

  xorriso -indev debian-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso \
          -outdev debian-11-unattended.iso \
          ... xorriso image manipulation commands like -map, -rm, -mv ... \
          -boot_image any replay

No unpacking of the original ISO is needed. (Your xorriso 1.5.4 is young
enough to cope even with the new layouts of Ubuntu, Arch, and Fedora.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas