Re: How to create a kernel package

On 10/7/22 11:00, Hans wrote:
Hi folks,

some easy questions.

I want to create a kernel package, which I can install with dpkg. There was a
command doing it instead of "make && make install", and I could not find it
any more. Last time I did it is a long time ago. Does someone know?

Second question: My kernel sources are pointing with a symlink to /usr/src/
linux-5.10/, but by default there was a symlink to the headers, which is /usr/
src/linux-headers-5.10-*/.

For my understanding: When do I need this? I suppose, only when I want to
build modules, right?

Anything else to take notice of, i.e. adding a versionstring, so that I get
not in conflict with the debian repo packages?

Thanks for any hints.

Did you try steps from this Wiki page?

https://wiki.debian.org/BuildADebianKernelPackage

Kind regards