Re: How to configure (aka deal with) /tmp in the best way?

Am 05.10.2022 um 19:07 schrieb Greg Wooledge:
> And you have NO memory of creating this file?  Did someone else maybe
> set this system up for you, who might have done this?

That is certain: I did NOT create this file, my understanding of systemd
is way too basic. (It did not even cross my mind to use systemctl
disable). Luckily, my experiment used only a system's copy inside a vm,
where snapshots and such allow rolling back with ease. Nothing got
changed on my main host... yet.

When it comes to the origin: i think, i used the buster installer and
did NOT upgrade from an earlier stretch system, but as i changed my
hardware at the same time, my logging was not yet a reliably established
habit.

At least i just checked my last backup of the stretch system, and there
was no such file yet. So: either installer or upgrade... i don't remember.