Re: exiftool

On 2022-07-19 10:58, Andy Smith wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 10:03:05AM +0100, mick crane wrote:
I'm sending a load of images to somebody and I want them to be
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license
Don't want to plaster over images so think to add to exif data.

I've not done it personally but this seems to give an example of
what you want using exiftool:

    https://photo.stackexchange.com/a/71428

I don't think it was my exif additions Gimp was complaining about but something else.
It's happy enough now but struggling adding the exifdata.
Gimp image>Metadata shows 3 tabs Exif, XMP, IPTC
typing exiftool -CopyrightNotice="Licence: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/)"
text is in IPTC tab of gimp.
I want to add AttributionURL and AttributionName
https://exiftool.org/TagNames/XMP.html#cc
says is to do with "XMP-cc" but not guessed the syntax as yet.

cheers
mick