Re: 32 bit thin client

On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 16:25, David <david.g_jones@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I am running Debian 11 on a 32 bit thin client. This thin client is
> running headless.

Hello. I'm unsure exactly what the above means in practice.
Are you attempting to install onto the client or onto the server?

> I am trying to add either ssmtp or msmtp, but these appear not to be in
> the repositories.

This is what I see on a standard 32bit installation here.

root@kapop:~# cat /etc/debian_version
11.4

root@kapop:~# uname -a
Linux kapop 5.10.0-16-686 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.127-1 (2022-06-30) i686 GNU/Linux

root@kapop:~# apt update

root@kapop:~# apt list msmtp ssmtp
Listing... Done
msmtp/stable 1.8.11-2.1 i386
ssmtp/stable 2.64-10 i386

So 32bit versions of msmtp and ssmtp are definitely available
in the repository.

Can you show the output you get for this command?
  cat /etc/apt/sources.list

> I've tried adding ssmtp, downloaded from the Debian web site, and
> installing it with dpkg. This fails due to missing dependences, which I
> don't appear to resolve.

I suggest getting apt working will be a better approach.
Anyway, that's all the advice I can give you and hopefully someone
more familiar with your situation will assist you.