Re: avahi-daemon allow/deny interfaces question

Hi Ramesh,

There are numerous reports (mostly old, afaics) of the issue you describe, but with various suggested reasons.

I suspect the avahi related part is a consequence rather than a cause - I didn't think avahi was capable of disabling interfaces, the message looks like it's updating a table/list (etc) and "...no longer relevant..." messages appear in my syslog if I deliberately disconnect from wifi.

Please can you provide syslog extracts from just before and during a time when this has happened, using:

$ sudo cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i -E "avahi|network"
(must be capital -E and no spaces around the | inside the speech marks)

Is there anything that seems relevant in

$ sudo dmesg -T

?

Out of interest, did you try running for a while with just the power management tweak?

Thanks,
Gareth
Yes, I believe I did. I did not use /sys/... power/control method. Instead, I kept the network alive by "ping -i 60 <ext-gateway>". However, I am not 100% sure of this. So, I will revert some of my changes and get you the relevant logs.

Thanks for your continued interested in this matter.

Regards
Ramesh