Re: SSH resources, specifically on certificates (certificate authentication)

On 14/7/22 6:40 am, Dan Purgert wrote:
On Jul 13, 2022, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
I seem to have gone down a rabbit hole.

I want(ed?) to set up ssh on my LAN using certificate authentication, and am
having a lot of trouble finding the information I need / would like to have.
Which is what, exactly?  Other than the "active mailing list" you
mentioned in a snipped segment.

SSH with cert-auth is pretty trivial to implement on most distros:

I understand that certificate based SSH authentication has problems with overall security management on a network. Password only has similar problems.

The correct solution seems to be a centrally managed authentication server but I haven't found any simple guide to implementing that in the Debian environment. Is there any useful tutorial available?

--
Jeremy