Re: libpq-dev package

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 07:19:08PM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi,
> I figured out that the libpq package is called postgresql-client.
>
> However it looks like there is no postgresql-client-dev package?
>
> Trying to compile my program it fails by not finding the
> pg-config script and libpq-fe.h file.

  tomas@trotzki:~$ apt-file search libpq-fe.h
  libpq-dev: /usr/include/postgresql/libpq-fe.h

So libpq-dev it is :-)

For that kind of questions I recommend installing the package
`apt-file', which keeps a cache of files and what packages they
live in.

You can query using the plain file name or the full path (the
latter may be necessary when you get too many hits).

An alternative would be <https://packages.debian.org/>.

Cheers