Re: What package I can find aclocal in?

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 6:33 PM Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 06:24:16PM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> > Trying to guess I found the package autotools-dev, but that was not it.
> >
> > Should I keep it?
>
> I don't know. Perhaps remove it and install it again later if you
> find you have the need.
>
> > What does it contain?
>
> $ apt show autotools-dev
> $ dpkg -L autotools-dev
>
> I would suggest that if you intend to develop software on Debian
> then you might want to become more familiar with using Debian's
> package managers (particularly "apt" and "dpkg") to answer these
> very basic questions.

Thx for the help.
No, I don't intend to use Debian for development.
However, I need some help and the person I asked use Debian.

So I installed Debian in the VM and am trying to set up an environment
and make instructions on how to create a program.

For my development I use Gentoo which has everything I need from the
start up.
No need to install gcc and then guess which package all this different
tools belongs to
it's already provided by the system.

Thank you.