Re: apt won't remove/ purge installed package...

On 10/07/2022 11:16 pm, Tom Browder wrote:
On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 15:48 Morgan Read <mstuff@read.org.nz <mailto:mstuff@read.org.nz>> wrote:

    I attempted to install firewalld and firewall-config with ufw installed
    - perhaps not the wisest of moves - but, `apt install firewalld
    firewall-config` ran anyway, and then hung, together with the whole
    system and nil ssh access.

I had a similar situation, but I was able to a normal reboot and then do some cleanup because, fortunately, I had desktop access to that server. Do you?
Thanks for coming back to me Tom, nope! My machine is not handy - but, I think our messages have crossed and after a fair bit of tail chasing it seems to be back up.
Thx

Morgan Read (It/Its)

Grande Bretagne
Em: <email:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>