Re: easy package manager for debian based distros

On Sat 09 Jul 2022 at 08:58:36 (-0400), Devin Harper wrote:
[reordered into some sort of logical order]
> please add the most necessary and common examples of package management
> with apt to the synopsis of "man apt".

> the commands that should be in the synopsis are "sudo apt update",
> "apt search [app name]", "sudo apt install [app name]", "sudo apt upgrade",
> "sudo apt remove [app name]", "sudo apt purge [app name]", " sudo apt
> autoremove".

You obviously know what you want this synopsis to look like, so
I suggest you get writing, rather than leaving it up to someone else
to second-guess what it is you want.

> this will act as a readme for all
> debian based distros to use apt as their only package manager.

> then distros can just say read "man apt" upon install and look
> at the synopsis section to tell people how to use their/your package
> manager.

That presumably means that you're going to collate all the options etc
that are documented alsewhere, so that they all appear under man apt.

> then we can get rid of the inferior and discrete guis for package
> management.

> cli package
> management is way better than ubuntu's software package manager for
> example.

You seem to have forgotten about visual tools that are text-based,
such as aptitude. Where do these fit into your grand scheme?

Finally, it's not in the nature of free software to be proscriptive
about what's available. People will continue to write whatever
software they feel like writing despite your judgmentalism.

Cheers,
David.