Re: my latest mail:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 11:05:12 +0200
"sp007@caiway.net" <sp007@caiway.net> wrote:

> Hi Arne,
>
> I'm not from China but I'm Chinese. I'm from Malaysia.
>
> Yes, it's my hobby project and I wish it would help others.

"His later life was overshadowed by his conviction for homosexual activity, a sentence we would now consider unjust and discriminatory and which has now been repealed. Dr Turing deserves to be remembered and recognised for his fantastic contribution to the war effort and his legacy to science. A pardon from the Queen is a fitting tribute to an exceptional man."

Prime Minister David Cameron said: "Alan Turing was a remarkable man who played a key role in saving this country in World War Two by cracking the German Enigma code. His action saved countless lives. He also left a remarkable national legacy through his substantial scientific achievements, often being referred to as the father of modern computing."

The pardon follows a formal apology made in 2009 by Prime Minister Gordon Brown, as well as an e-petition campaign that attracted 37,404 signatures.

########
Arne