Re: google account say it will no longer deliver email

On Saturday, 14 May 2022 14:43:08 EDT Brian wrote:
> On Sat 14 May 2022 at 15:21:06 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 12:42:28PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > Let me introduce you to my bank: they reduced the maximum 20 chars
> > > to 16 and did not allow some special chars such as "!" and ".".
> > > Mind you, I feel much more secure - 3FA is used :).
> >
> > Three? Why not go all the way to 5FA [1]?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > [1] https://boingboing.net/2005/09/14/gillettes-5blade-raz.html
> >
> >     (not linking to the original Onion because their Javascript
> >     doesn't want to play with me)
>
> I have just realised that PayPal does 5FA. It meets the Gillete
> standard. Or should that be the MAD standard? Our capacity to
> put up with sysadmin (management?) nonsense is unlimited.
>
> --
> Brian.

No, it is not unlimited, Brian.  Business sites in particular often have
a 20+ char pw for me, and if, after I set a 20+ char pw, I have to trim
the end of it to make it work again, they get a nastygram. My bank, about
2 years ago did some minor revamping and wound at an 8 char limit. They
not only thanked me for the nastygram, and advised me that it had been
raised to 32.  I am a big enough depositor they don't want to upset me.

The nagging thing about using FF is that it drops to a secret question
and a 6 digit OTP response I've 5 minutes to respond to. And I can't set
kmail to refresh the local imap image any faster than 5 minutes...

Take care, and stay well, Brian.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis