Re: mngtmpaddr IP

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 06:38:53PM +0530, Jevin Gala wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated.

(Please, don't top post: it confuses the hell of
all of us)

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 7:38 PM Jevin Gala <jevin@softaculous.com> wrote:
>
> > It's already disabled for all and eth0 as well.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 12:53 PM Jevin Gala <jevin@softaculous.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am un-able to find how to disable mngtmpaddr IPv6 IP in Debian 11 in a
> >> KVM VPS.
> >>
> >> /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/default/use_tempaddr file shows 0 but it's still
> >> assigning mngtmpaddr IP to the VPS.

As far as I understand the man page, the mngtmpaddr isn't doing
anything /unless/ use_tempaddr is set. It's just a template to
generate temp addresses when use_tempaddr is set.

I'm not very much into IPv6 but... what are you trying to
achieve?

Cheers