Re: Networking pb

On 2022-05-08 22:58, Hussein Yahia wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to Linux, sorry if my question is naive.
I just installed debian 11 on my computer. It's wire-connected to
internet. I have another computer, a mac, which is connected through
wifi.

I can connect from my mac to the Linux desktop. But I can't connect
from the Linux to the mac: when I go in the "Network" directory, the
mac does not appear. I installed smb on the Linux desktop.

Can you help me on that ?

It's likely tidier rather than having server and client on both machines to have another something or other running Debian as server whose job is file sharing.
via eg. ssh, a web browser.
mick