Re: rsync trying to load rdiff-backup

On 2022-05-08 18:03, David wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 10:53, AC <debusersQ743@acarver.net> wrote:
On 2022-05-08 16:45, David wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 07:24, AC <debusersQ743@acarver.net> wrote:

Now here's a new discovery on the machines having problems: as a normal
user I can rsync just fine to a remote machine.  But if I'm using rsync
as root to send a backup to a remote machine, I get the rdiff-backup
problem.  The other machines have no issues whether I'm a regular user
or root.

Ok. In that case, I would run again the check commands I gave, but this
time as root, just to see if there is any difference.

I don't know the cause of your problem, but these commands are useful
investigation to reveal what "rsync" means when the particular user runs
that command.

All of my tests were done as root already.  They all matched.