Re: Crucial SSDs and Debian Bullseye

On 28/04/2022 18:05, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I finally got it working! I blame lack of attention to details, old age,
shaky hands, and < 100% vision. I uninstalled the ssd, looked all over

I consider these kinds of reaction as a variation of Stockholm syndrome:
when something doesn't work under GNU/Linux, many people will take it
for granted that it's because they're not using Windows (or macOS,
as the case may be).

If something doesn't work on my wife's Mac, she may blame my OpenWRT's
router or my "independent" ISP, or as a last recourse she may blame
herself.  Apple is always off the hook.

Yes indeed we could observe very similar reaction here in this thread.
All sources of problem should have been considered equally, no deciding
that it's definitely SSD's fault, or Linux fault, or any other fault,
without exploring and depleting all possible options:)

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/